In existence since 2005, the Northeast Pennsylvania Logistics and Transportation Partnership (NEPA L&T IP) is a joint effort of the Luzerne/Schuylkill, Lackawanna, Northern Tier and Pocono Counties Workforce Investment Boards (WIBs)- overseen specifically by the Luzerne/Schuylkill WIB.
The NEPA Logistics & Trainsportation Industry Partnership (L&T IP) main focus area is Luzerne/Schuylkill counties, with services extended to the following counties: Luzerne, Schuylkill, Lackawanna, Bradford, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga, Wyoming, Carbon, Monroe, Pike and Wayne.
Logistics and Transportation was originally selected by the Luzerne-Schuylkill Workforce Investment Board as an important industry cluster for the northeast region of PA – primarily because of its growth and the impact on the 12 county regional economies with an estimated $3 billion in economic activity and an estimated $1.3 billion in labor income:
- The NEPA L&T IP is industry-lead, with a governing body/executive committee comprised exclusively of representatives from within logistics and transportation.
- The NEPA L&T IP is currently comprised of 21 industry representatives and 25 non-industry partners.
- Having received four rounds of funding from the JobReady PA Program, the NEPA L&T IP was also chosen to be one of only five pilot projects statewide for Career Pathways programming in PA under the Governor’s Educational Initiatives (2007-08).
- A Career Ladder Model has been developed for the industry. See it here (insert link-to locate, posted on website under “careers” tab, “career pathways model”).
- Partnership data-analysis has been completed including “SWOT analysis” – where an organization’s Strengths; Weaknesses; Opportunities and Threats are evaluated. See it here (insert link: to locate, from website, “news and research” then “industry research” then “industry partnership SWOT analysis”)
- Programming and training is regularly scheduled for the benefit of industry partners, based on mission, vision, and goals.